We report the clinical and neuroimaging findings of a patient who sustained multiple cerebral infarcts after the ingestion of concentrated hydrogen peroxide solution sold as a "health food" product. An 84-year-old man sustained focal neurological deficits immediately after ingesting 30 mL of 35% hydrogen peroxide solution. Physical examination disclosed a left hemiparesis, frontal release signs, and cerebellar dysfunctions. Magnetic resonance imaging revealed multiple cerebral and cerebellar infarctions in the anterior, middle, and posterior vascular territories. The likely mechanism of pathogenesis involves cerebral oxygen gas embolization. The use of hyperbaric therapy should be considered in treating hydrogen peroxide poisoning.

Sherman, Boyer, Sibley, , , , , , (1994). Cerebral infarction immediately after ingestion of hydrogen peroxide solution. Stroke, 1994 May;25(5):1065-7. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8165680