Intravenous Nutritional Therapy
IV nutrient therapy is the most effective way of getting vitamins, minerals, and amino acids straight into the bloodstream. When given intravenously, the blood achieves concentrations not obtainable with taking them by mouth. There is 100% bio-availability to cells without the stomach upset, or absorption issues.
Benefits of IV Nutrient Therapies:
- Boost energy
- Boost immunity and treat autoimmunity
- Decrease pain and inflammation
- Improve brain function and mental clarity
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Cold and flu remedy
- Support athletic performance and recovery
- Migraine Relief
- Overall well being
- Dehydration, hangover, or jet lag
- $40 for 500ml of normal saline
- $60 for 1ltr of normal saline
- Master antioxidant
- Protects cells from oxidative stress, toxic metals like mercury, pollutants, toxins
- Regenerates other antioxidants
- Vital to mitochondrial function
- Regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis
- Enhances immune system
- Reduces fatigue, inflammation, and brain fog
- Clinically shown to provide relief of migraines and muscle pain, joint pain
- Treats autoimmune diseases
- Alleviates hangovers
- Healthy aging
IV Therapy Research
Intravenous micronutrient therapy (IVMT), and specifically the Myers’ Cocktail, is a popular approach for treating fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) among complementary and alternative medicine practitioners, but its efficacy is uncertain. This trial assessed the feasibility, safety, and provided insights into the efficacy of this therapy.
Vitamin C is an essential micronutrient for humans, with pleiotropic functions related to its ability to donate electrons. It is a potent antioxidant and a cofactor for a family of biosynthetic and gene regulatory enzymes. Vitamin C contributes to immune defense by supporting various cellular functions of both the innate and adaptive immune system. Vitamin C supports epithelial barrier function against pathogens and promotes the oxidant scavenging activity of the skin, thereby potentially protecting against environmental oxidative stress.
Clearly, adequate availability of glutathione is critical for maintaining health, protecting the body from toxins, and promoting longevity. Fortunately, there is much we can do to optimize glutathione levels: primarily decrease toxin exposure (including alcohol) and promote production with regular consumption of whey or NAC. I think we are just scratching the surface of the clinical benefits that can be achieved through enhancing intracellular and intramitochondrial glutathione.
How can I get IV therapy / become a patient?
- If you are an active Extivita patient receiving hyperbaric treatments, simply consult with our provider (this is at no charge to you).
- If you are not currently a patient and only wish to receive IV therapy, you must first have an office visit with our provider. We might require certain labs from you prior to receiving certain IV therapies. Please call 919-354-3775 or fill out the contact form below to schedule a visit.